I found some really cool napkins that are in the shape of a scrub top! I love when I find creative napkin shapes! Even round ones! Or when Dollar Tree was selling the summer napkins in the shape of an icecream in a cone or a slice of fruit.
The cookie cutter is just that - a cookie cutter. However....yes, there is a HOWEVER....I bought a package of five or six more of these cookie cutters AFTER I found this one! So, I think it might be time for a windchime! What can I use for the assembly, though? Maybe the old aluminum collander trick? Keep the whole thing in a metal finish - all silver...? All ideas are very much appreciated!
The last little silly thing in this picture is a stand for a wooden egg. Where is the egg, you might ask? Well, the egg is missing in my childrens toy box somewhere. However, the stand might make for a good junk collage piece. I might find the egg and decoupage something fantastical on it an include it in a shadow box.
Street Finds!
Ok, I lied. They aren't all street finds. The circular things were found in the mess of my childrens bedroom. Those Pokemon things are Happy Meal toys and the itty bitty pot of gold came from a St. Patricks Day event at the elementary school. Those paper goodies will go in my Junktilda composition book (yes, I named her after many minutes of deliberation and since I like to add "tilda" to the end of many things, why not a Junktilda?) So, those little dudes might become charms to hang out the spine or page edge or they might be glued in. Who knows? I follow what the spirit tells me.The bottle caps are delicious. I even have my kids looking whenever we walk through a parking lot. You have no idea how many bottle caps are in a thrift store parking lot! I found 3 of those there!
The earring was just a win situation! I found it at Walmart. It has little tassles on the end...talk about an amazing charm piece! Calm down all you people thinking its worth a million dollars...the metal is so thin, you can bend it just by holding it. Whoever lost this earring only lost any sentimentality attached to it,...they didn't lose anything of value.
See that shaker top thingy? Pet store parking. Yup. And its metal! I don't know what I'll do with it yet, but whatever it is, it'll be super fun and wonderful! I love the tinky noise it makes when you bang it against something. Maybe that will make a fun charm, too! Orrrrr....add it to the windchime!
You know you are a true junk artist when you've dedicated a pocket in your purse specifically for the junk you find while out and about. Especially when you have your family searching in their travels, also.
Let me know what you think of my recent goodies! I do have a bunch more things I can post but these were some of the funnest and who doesn't enjoy seeing what someone finds out in the wild! At least these things are a lot more appropriate than the earring my daughter found this summer in a parking lot that I thought looked like a flip flop but was actually an inappropriate female body part. Oooooops! I guess that means my head isn't always in the gutter!


No comments:
Post a Comment