These life insurance folders are definitely unicorns in my hunting world! After many years of antiquing and thrifting and flea marketing, I've never seen these! They are really beautiful folders that are built to last. After researching them, a lot of them were meant to hold bonds and life insurance documents. However, some of them have spaces for general banking and other financial necessities.
This particular folder is really beautiful. It is embossed with a gorgeous border and has the insurance company information on the front. The snap closure, which is either brass or copper, has oxizied so a quick brushing would definitely bring it back.
It includes a few life insurance folders. It also has a fire insurance envelope, automobile, accident, burglary, and health insurance envelope, miscellaneous envelope, valuable papers envelope, and a last will and testament envelope. It is actually bound with shoestring and the envelopes have eyeleted holes. This thing was built to last.
The front page of the folder. This thing definitely has very few miles on it.
An example of one of the folders.
The black folder has lived a harder life. It still snaps but it takes some pulling. The usage and folds and bends in it really give it character. Oh, and this one came with free ephemera goodies! It is from Jefferson Standard Life Insurance Company.
The inside cover with the extra goodies. It still has the business card of the original insurer!You can see to the left the wear of that particular envelope. This folder was very well loved.
The third one which is also from Jefferson Standard Life Insurance Company. This one was hardly used, also. And it has a zipper. The zipper works well but might need a little oiling. I believe it is brass. It is very rugged.I have not decided if I am going to sell these yet or how much I'd as for them. As of right now, I am just hoarding and petting them. If you might be interested in one or more of these puppies, leave a comment below or get a hold of me thechadwickrose@gmail.com
Thanks for stopping by and reading all my ramblings!






No comments:
Post a Comment