Newsletter Mailing List

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Welcome - The Ramblings of a Mess Maker


The photo is of my sweet Lilly about three years ago at a local craft fair.  I didn't sell a single thing at that craft fair! I did, however, make a few new friends and connections in the local markets.  Those friends turned me onto a local festival where I did make some sales.  That was the fall before Covid hit, so you can imagine how many craft fairs I've done since...

I've since turned my attention to the online market.  I opened an Etsy store two years ago and have been selling live on YouTube since before it was cool.  I try to provide vintage paper goods and some fabrics to those interested in creating with them.  I try to inspire creativity through the things I sell.  A lot of the books have terrific images or covers.  I really enjoy finding old notebooks or letters with someone's handwritten sentiments on them.  Something about the handwritten piece really speaks to me as an artist (if I only make messes, can I really consider myself to be an artist?).

I try to upload inspirational videos to Youtube as I can - more having been made lately.  The last couple of years was hard to create and upload videos.  My space wasn't really set up to do it (still isn't - I just throw it all off the desk for a while!) and I am creating in my livingroom/kids bedroom until I can get a studio set up.  I might take you on the studio journey with me depending on how thrilling I find it.

I want to use this space to share my creations and ideas.  I want to give you a chance to see what I find and give you a few special opportunities to snag goods before I list or live sale them.

What other things interest you? What do you want to see on here and in my newsletter?  I want to provide you with inspiration through the blog and newsletter.  I'm using Blogger for now before I go and set up a website, which is an expense I can't justify at the moment.  But, if this proves to be a success, who knows what the future will hold...?


Thanks for reading my ramblings!  I'll be updating and changing and creating things as I go along.  Your input is always appreciated regardless of the stage of development I'm in.  I do this for myself, but I do this for you, too.  I want to give you a place to come and enjoy a cup of coffee while looking at things you love and finding new ideas for things to create.  


Stay tuned...you never know what I'll come out with next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jingle Bells! Christmas packs are here!

  I kinda went crazy. I'm not going to lie! I put together Christmas packs and went crazy doing it and now they are almost 1lb each and ...